Friday, August 10, 2007

Hunger by Erica Simone Turnipseed


I am currently reading "Hunger" by Erica Simone Turnipseed. It's a cross-cultural love story about 30ish people in crises in the aftermath of 9/11. I am finding it harder and harder to read books in which the main character is younger than 30, and to be perfectly honest, if Harper Collins had not sent it to me to review as a part of the Amistad Advisory Board, I doubt I would have read it. This is no criticism of the author and her writing, it just an age thing. Can anyone else relate?

2 comments:

brightstarr said...

Hi, not sure if you're interested, but how about including links to black owned book stores like Karibu Books for your online features? Just a thought. Love the site!

Lisa Diane said...

Hello brightstarr,
That's a great idea! Thanks for visiting the site, and please come by our radio home at www.blogtalkradio.com/therapturousreader.

Take Care,

Lisa Diane