Tuesday, October 23, 2007

An Interview With Linda F. Beed, Author of "Business Unusual"




TRR: Tell us about you.

LFB:I am a sold out woman of God, a wife, a mother and grandmother with a fierce passion for life. That passion has found avenues to travel through my writing, as an educator and Children’s minister.

TRR: When and why did you decide to become an author?

LFB: For years I picked up this manuscript then put it away. Two years ago I knew I had to either follow through with publishing or walk totally away from it.


TRR: Tell us about Business Unusual.

LFB: Business Unusual invites readers into the private world of Bernadette Lewis. She is learned, accomplished and walks without apology for the life many only dream of having. Her senses tell her that she is ready to go to the next level in terms of her business. What she will discover is that there is something required of her in order for this to happen.

During this time of seeking, Bernadette is faced with the forced re-acquaintance with a grandmother she has ritually despised. She must deal with the possibility of a key employee acting up. Add to that, her meeting the one man her father warned each woman would meet at least once in their lives. He also advised that when she did, she should walk away. Decisions to be made are intricate to not only her future, but that of generations to come.

TRR: What inspired you to write it?

LFB: On a whim I entered a short story contest. As I wrote, I thought it could become a novel, but dismissed the thought because my formal education was not in the literary field. After my sister read it she encouraged me to make it into a novel, in order for her to read the end of the story. Her words were the encouragement I needed.

TRR: Bernadette begins having dreams where she is standing before a house with 3 doors, which is depicted on the cover of the book. Tell us about this, without explaining the meaning. The listeners will have to read that for themselves!

LFB: In the midst of our madness God will speak to us. Via a repetitive dream Bernadette is being told what she refuses to hear from others.

TRR: Towards the end of the book, there is a powerful statement that says, "...When I marry, it will be to a man rooted in and walking with God because it takes more than human love to sustain a marriage." What message do you hope other women (and men) get from reading Business Unusual?

LFB: My prayer is that my readers will hear God speaking to them from the pages. He is telling us how valuable we are to Him and that we do not have to settle for second, third or fourth, because He has provided the best for us. We just need to connect to Him, listen and obey.

~ ~ ~

Join us on October 28, 2007 for our LIVE discussion with Linda F. Beed, and learn more about her recent novel, Business Unusual.

Click below to see what time the discussion will be LIVE in your area!


BlogTalkRadio Listen Live


No comments: